Fire breaks out in shop due to fire crackers in Jammu

TNN Bureau. Updated: 11/8/2018 2:20:12 PM Regional News

Jammu, Nov 8: A fire broke out in a shop when a cracker landed inside in Jewel area here.

Police on Thursday said that major fire broke out inside a shop on the top floor of a house here on late Wednesday night in Jewel Chowk area.

They also said that scrap items were dumped inside the shop when a burning cracker landed inside and the fire broke out.

"Two fire tenders and fire fighters were immediately pressed into service and the flames were doused timely and prevented it from spreading it to nearby locations," police added.

They said that no injury or major loss of life was reported in the incident.

Comment on this Story